Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Praying from an Open Heaven

In recent weeks I have felt a significant shift while praying from the standpoint that I have authority from heaven to declare things into existence. Not that asking for things doesn't work, because it has, but when I declare things I find that my faith for them is significantly higher than if I was just asking for them. I have asked God for 100% breakthrough over deafness and I have received a measure of that, however my faith increases when I declare that deafness isn't allowed anywhere near me.

Tonight was the first night of Bethel Church's annual Open Heavens conference. As many of you may know, southern California has been ablaze with several wild fires that are fueled by very gusty winds. At the conference tonight we began to pray around 8:30 that the winds would cease and the fires would be put out. We did as Jesus did, we commanded the winds to stop and the fires to disappear. After arriving home I checked the news and saw a great headline that read, "Signs of Hope: Winds ease in California's fire zone." The article was updated about 10 minutes before 9:00. We have authority to command the winds to stop and they will obey us!

Along with me declaring that deafness is not allowed in Redding, I have been asking God to bring me people with hearing loss. Tonight at the conference I was praying for a man with cancer when God showed me that he had a hearing problem. We prayed very briefly and I asked him how it was. His response was, "It's louder. It's almost too loud." Then I asked him about a problem with the heel and he said that he shattered both of his heels in an accident 18 years ago. I quickly commanded the pain to leave and had him test it out. The pain in his left foot was completely gone, just like that.

In both of these cases I already knew that it was God's will to heal, because He wouldn't show me that the man had hearing loss or a problem with his heels if He didn't want to heal him. So rather than asking God to do what He has already said He wants to do, I simply executed the play that God called. God gave me the orders and I gave the deafness and the pain the order to leave. We live under an open heaven all the time and as long as we live under authority, God gives us His authority to command things into being. Those are the prayers that stop the winds!

No comments: