Thursday, December 13, 2007

Greater Measure

If I were to go around asking people if the Bible contained promises, most Christians would agree that it is full of them. Unfortunately, if I were to ask the same people if God has fulfilled any of these promises in their lives, many would probably have a difficult time remembering what God has done. After praying for a man today who has been a Christian for 75 years I was asked a question as to how I can see so many others healed but did not see breakthrough with him. In the midst of crisis it is easy to forget the things that God has done in the past. The disciples struggled with this after they had seen Jesus multiply food not once, but twice. The Israelites certainly struggled with this as they fled Egypt on their way to the Promised Land. Bad theology comes when an insecure person gives an answer to a question that God has not yet answered. Why the man didn’t get healed today is as valid a question as why someone I prayed for in Nashville didn’t get healed.

Over the past several months there has been an incredible increase in the anointing of God not just in my own life, but as a corporate body. At the end of 2006 I had a goal of seeing someone healed every day of 2007. However, as the days passed by I knew that I had already missed the mark. Healings were not too much more than sporadic for the first half of the year so I really had no idea what was about to happen. While traveling several times in July I began to notice that people were getting healed more often when I prayed for them. By the time August rolled around I knew that when God showed me a problem that somebody had it would be healed 100% of the time. When school started in September I had now seen many more healings than there had been days so far in the year. Also in September I started to go after deafness like paparazzi go after celebrities. Since then I have seen dozens healed and have been acutely aware of people being around me with any measure of hearing loss.

Recently I have noticed a greater measure of God’s presence. I honestly don’t feel like I have done anything differently, although I know there have been some small differences. Ever since going to Nashville I have felt God’s presence more while praying for people than any time I can ever remember. Specifically I have also noticed that my awareness of angels has increased. No, I haven’t see them yet, but I sure do feel them. Many times I have felt the presence of angels as I have prayed for people and my faith has increased that God will heal them. It is amazing to look back on 2007 and see all that God has done. I have experienced tremendous increase as the Lord has poured out a greater measure of His presence and anointing. At the beginning of the year I was concerned that God had not yet given me a greater measure, but looking back now I see that what has happened was only made possible by Him pouring out an even greater measure than I had anticipated to begin with. He has gone beyond what I could even think of asking for! The glory of the latter house truly is greater than the glory of the former house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Bad theology comes when an insecure person gives an answer to a question that God has not yet answered" - That's a good word right there! :) Keep on going after this stuff David. You are an inspiration.