Tuesday, August 14, 2007

God doesn't lie!

In Mark 8:17-18 Jesus askes His disciples, "Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember?" He was asking this because He had fed the 5,000 and He had just fed the 4,000 and yet the disciples were still worried about whether they would have enough to eat. We have their example of what not to do, however often when God miraculously provides we do the exact same thing.

When I was first seeing miracles in Brazil last summer I faced doubt only a few days later. I was preaching in a church and on the third and final night I began to worry about whether people would get healed when I prayed for them. Just a week earlier, the first service that I was at to pray for people I prayed for seven or eight people without a translator and each one of them was healed! Even though I had seen many healings take place through my own prayers and even greater miracles through the prayers of the rest of the team, I began to wonder if God would do it again. That last night was tough as my doubt overcame my faith for most of the people I prayed for.

God wants us to look at what He has done and what He is doing to have faith for circumstances that we face. In the past ten days I have witnessed upwards of 50 things healed ranging from hearing loss to carpel tunnel to arthritis to dizziness and all sorts of pain. In March I was very hesitant to pray for people with hearing loss even though I did see some people get healed and was the only person to pray for one woman whose hearing was restored. In Boise, Idaho last month God showed me that He was wanting to heal a man's ears and he did just that. Since then my fear of praying for the deaf has gone away and I have seen probably 10-12 people regain their hearing. In fact, I believe that someone reading this is going to have their ears healed. Particularly the left ear. Be healed in the name of Jesus! The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

My faith is increasing that when God releases a word of knowledge to me that the person will in fact be healed. I believe that they will be healed as much as I believe that the sun is going to rise tomorrow morning. I used to think of a word of knowledge as though it was a check from a friend that is without a job and may not have the money in the bank when in reality a word of knowledge is as good cash - it has no chance of bouncing. My faith has increased so that Numbers 23:19 has become a reality. When God speaks, it happens, because He doesn't lie. While in Oregon last week I asked God for a word of knowledge for the gas station attendant who was limping. I felt a sensation on the right side of my head. It turns out the man had cerebral palsy. It wasn't that his leg was injured, it was that there was a brain injury at birth that affected his leg. God doesn't lie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen God heal someone with cerebral palsy like, the gas station attendant, or some other similar disorder? Our 2 1/2 year old son has a rare, genetic, incurable, terminal disease. The onset began 3 months ago and he is losing all his capacities--he is now blind, immobile, losing the use of his hands, etc. We have been praying fervently for God to set him free from this affliction. We long for His healing touch! In fact, my husband has been fasting for the last 11 days (no one else knows) as we beseech God for healing. We are infants when it comes to praying for healing, but we have the faith to see God move in this way. As one who has the gift of healing, our ears are open if you have any thoughts for us. Thank you for sharing the wonderful ways that God is moving supernaturally!

Shane said...

Good word, thanks for the encouragement.

Blessings...

ps Christina, I know I am a complete stranger to you, but I'll be praying for your son.

Anonymous said...

This is great David! I always love reading your postings. You're an amazing man of friend my friend