Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stumbling upon the Will of God

There are times in life where things just don't seem to be happening the way you want them to. Why would God seem to keep you from doing something that is obviously good? Well, sometimes He just has something better in store for you if you are open to going where He is going. Tonight I had a great example of being where God wanted me to be even though I didn't think it made sense.

I had a meeting for those who work in the Healing Rooms that included a time of impartation from Beni Johnson. I was thinking that I should go to that instead of of Youth since it is only every other month. However, late Monday night I was informed that I had to be at Youth to perform the skits that we will be doing in England next week for Jesus Culture. Finally, I told one of the people in the skits to send me a text message when we were about to start and I went to the Healing Rooms meeting. Beni spoke for a little while and then prayed for us and I then went over to the sanctuary to the youth meeting.

I didn't know what was going on, but Linda was talking to the kids and all of the sudden she calls me out and tells me to come up on stage. She has me share some of the testimonies of what happened in Canada this past weekend. As I am sharing about getting a word of knowledge and someone getting healed, God shows me that He wants to heal someone's tailbone right then so I interrupt myself and call it out. All of the sudden I am leading a healing service, instructing the kids to go pray for each other. Some of the kids come up and give more words of knowledge.

It just broke open! There were at least 20 healings, including several tailbones, necks, backs, wrists, knees and sore throats. One kid shared how he felt electricity all over his body when the kids were praying for the hole in his heart. After I handed it back over to Linda we went into worship which all of the sudden seemed like worship! Why can't we always remember that God is so good? After worship I went to the back to get ready for my skit and asked one of the guys who has problems with his left ear if he got any breakthrough. He said something to the effect of, "I feel something going on, but it hasn't broken open yet." I laid my hands on him and commanded it to open. I started to feel some supernatural activity and then he says, "I think it just opened!"

I talked with Linda later and she said that she had been looking for me and thinking, "Why isn't David here? He needs to be here for some reason." Interesting how God moves. I didn't want to be there, yet God did, and because I came over right after Beni prayed for me instead of waiting for a text message, I didn't miss out on how God wanted to use me to release the youth to heal the sick.

Last night I went to the hospital to pray for someone from school. We were unable to go into her room to see her, yet as we were praying for the family member of some women in the waiting room, God showed me that someone had a problem with the front left side of the head. I asked if it was their mom, who was in the ICU, and they said no. I then asked if it was any of them. One of the women then said that her son-in-law has a very large cancerous tumor on his brain in that exact location. I was able to pray for him and hope to hear a report from them. Then I prayed for a man with hearing aids because hours earlier I had received a word of knowledge for deafness and had yet to find a person who was deaf.

Don't discount what seems to be an abnormal circumstance, it could be the Holy Spirit trying to see if you are paying attention to what is going on. In fact, be on the lookout for opportunities that will arise after unexpected detours. God will use any hand that is given to Him if we are open to followed His lead.

No comments: