Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Kingdom of Heaven is upon you

Wow, so much has happened since I last wrote. Within 48 hours I witnessed God open over a dozen people's ears, increase the vision of a person who is almost completely blind, dissolve three tumors near a woman's collarbone, heal a man's leg that had kept him from being able to work, and other miracles of healing. Aside from being amazed by God's love in healing all of these people, not to mention the hundreds of others that I didn't personally witness, is that most of the healings took place not when someone approached me for prayer, but rather when God spoke to me about what He was doing.

The invitation is there. God is calling the plays out methodically just hoping that someone is listening to what He is saying. God is looking for people who are leaning into Him to hear what He is saying and act upon it. I used to tell people that God never speaks to me. However, what I didn't realize is that if I had been really hungry to hear God, I should have waited on Him until I heard Him speak. Two and a half years ago I went on a my first mission trip to South Africa. I went into the trip praying that I would see miracles while I was there. However, I was dissappointed to return home without seeing anyone healed. Unfortunately I didn't realize for over a year that I didn't pray for anyone to be healed while I was there.

Now I understand what God is doing and what He saying at least some of the time. I have asked God to show me what He is doing so that I would only do what I see Him doing. Jesus only did what He saw the Father doing. That is what words of knowledge are. Similarly, by leaning into God we can often get a grasp for what He is doing in this current season. For us in Redding, He is giving us authority over deafness. It is amazing. I had never seen anyone healed of deafness eight months ago, and nobody healed of it in the U.S. until July, but since then I have seen over 50 people have their hearing restored. Around 40 of those have been just in the past two months. Those aren't people that were in the same room as me, those are people that I have prayed for personally. The Kingdom of Heaven is here!

I feel like God is taking us on a bullet train. Right now it is leaving the station and is picking up speed, however, it is still there and if people will drop their luggage and run after it, they will make it on the train. This train is rapid acceleration. God is going to take us to our next destination so much more quickly than we reason is possible. However, this is what happens when the Kingdom is upon you. God is calling us to draw near to Him so that He can reveal His secrets to us. We don't hear because we don't listen. We don't see miracles because we don't pray.

The Kingdom of Heaven is now. God is pouring out His Spirit on all flesh, at least on those who want it. However, in order to want something you must know that it is available. My personal conviction in this season is to drop everything and run after God. That doesn't mean that I don't go to work or do my homework for school. I even got my oil changed in my car about two weeks ago. However, it does mean that I am looking closely at the activities I engage in to determine how committed I am to them. The Kingdom is here and it is accelerating at a rapid pace, I don't want to miss it because I am holding onto nonessential things.

1 comment:

Sarah Bainbridge said...

yeah wow is the word - 6.7m is about the figure of the holocaust.

hey is your profile pic from las vegas? do you know where there are more pics of the call las vegas or even better - some video?

keep burning mate!!

Sx