Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Are you kidding me?

Matthew 10:1

"He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness"."

v. 7-8

"As you go preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, clease those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."

Just in case you think Jesus only wanted the twelve disciples to walk in authority to drive out demons and heal every disease and sickness....

Matthew 28:18-20

"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Yup, Jesus told the disciples to go teach everyone else to obey everything He commanded them. If there was ever a man in history that I would want to hang out with and learn from it would be Jesus. That is like getting private instruction to create from the inventor Himself! God, help me to walk in the authority that you have given me to drive out evil spirits and to heal EVERY sickness and disease!

No comments: