Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Power

Acts 1:8

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Power from the Holy Spirit is necessary to take the gospel to the ends of the earth. I am believing that as I wait on the Lord I will be baptized in the Holy Spirit and in power. Last night before going into work I lay on the floor with my hands on fire. Although I have felt more intense heat for a moment, that was the most intense sustained fire I have ever experienced. I kept praying Matthew 10:1 but then also John 14:12:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

That almost seems like heresy to pray that I would not only walk in the authority that Jesus did, but would even perform greater miracles than He did. Well, it's in the Bible and Jesus said it. Lord, increase my authority and faith to do even greater things than Jesus!

No comments: