Friday, December 29, 2006

I'll never change the subject

So I don't know how it happened, but I was late for work this morning. I woke up and thought, "man it feels like I have been asleep for a long time," so I looked at my phone (which serves as my alarm) and sure enough it said 6:00 am. I did a double take as I didn't think that was possible, so I called in real quick and headed out the door. It was kind of a rough day. As I was on break there was a group of several people that were actually predicted how soon they would get fired. Why? It was as though the new standard was perfection. No one can be late ever, don't mess up anything, you must meet your times or else. When did it get to this? Throughout the holiday season we have had dozens of lazy people wandering through the store instead of doing their work and now that they are gone, they are gonna fire the good workers they have? On the bright side, that would force me to look for a job that would be better (I can't imagine one being worse or paying less). Regardless of what happened, I worked hard and actually still had fun, but was just starting to think of where I should put in an application next.

After getting some household supplies and some juice I headed over to the prayer house I have been doing recently. The presence of God is so amazing. I was lying there when I happened to think about why I haven't been getting words of knowledge recently. It occured to me that I haven't figured out that one is God showing me something and the other is me feeling His presence so I simply told God, "if you give me words again I'll never change the subject." Just before that I was thinking about the man I had just prayed for at Costco. It was a fun little conversation and really shows how much I've grown over the past few months. I was just praying that God would increase my anointing so that people would get healed every time I pray for them (like that one guy, what's his name? oh yeah, JESUS). And so I prayed, "God, if you increase the anointing on my life, I will not change the subject. I will pray for everyone I see who has a need. I will not back away in fear or make an excuse that I am in a hurry or tired."

Actually, a few months before I moved out here I started leaving early whenever I had to be somewhere so that if I saw someone I would have time to pull over. I think I only used that strategy one time for a homeless man who then didn't want to come with me, but hey, God is after our heart. So if you start getting messages from me asking about this or that, don't be weirded out, it is just me not changing the subject. Or perhaps the better way to put it is me not assuming that it is just me feeling God's presence or even me not being silent and hoping that God will just use someone else.

On a side note, I have repented for trying to make a show of it, by leaving the word in a public place such as a comment on a profile instead of a private message. I would still love to pray for you though if you have any requests, feel free to email me at healingrevivalist@gmail.com and let me know if you would either like to remain anonymous or not have your testimony shared at all because I want to honor your privacy. Now for a few words:

Right foot (in general and on the outside between the heel and the ankle)
Right knee
Rib cage on the right side close to the arm pit
Left ear
Right shin very close to the knee
Right thigh on the outside a few inches from the knee

Please email me if you or someone close to you has any of these things so that I can know to pray for you specifically. God wants to get those healed up today.

No comments: