Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Carrying my own weather system

Tonight I came across an interesting situation when I asked a man in a large grocery store about why he was limping very badly. I am sure that I have had similar situations in the past, but now I am paying more attention to what is happening. The man went into a somewhat hard to follow story as to how he got injured and showed his disgust at the circumstances which involved the church. I didn't understand what he was referring to so when he mentioned his theological differences after he turned down prayer I asked his affiliation and found out that he was Mormon.

This morning I was contending for an Acts-like anointing where not just my shadow, but anyone close to me would be healed. Not that I am looking for an easy way out, but rather wanting to release the Kingdom in a greater measure than physically praying for people. I still love the tetimony of a group of guys from Bethel that went to the Houston Astrodome to minister to the people who were evacuated after Hurricane Katrina who had a man get healed when he walked by the area where they were gathered. That is what I want as my lifestyle, not just in a moment. I know from Spiderman that with great power comes great responsibility, so I understand that some people might have a problem with me saying that without qualifying it. Well, I'm not going to do that, so please don't tell me how I am in error, but feel free to ask questions.

Anyway, back to the man, understanding that he shut the door on me to pray for him right there I asked him if I could pray for him in my own time to which he answered that it was my choice. I found out his name and shook his hand doing my best to purposely release the Presence onto him as I did so. I really don't want to take no for an answer from people, so I did my best with him to keep talking to him without arguing about the things he said that I disagree with or that I simply know that are untrue.

Earlier in the evening I went to the Sundial Bridge because I thought I would find all kinds of divine appointments there. Well, there weren't nearly as many legal targets as I thought there would be, but I did pray for a dog that was limping since in La Paz we had a dog get healed out on the streets. I was trying to increase my awareness of the Presence as I walked with my party so that when I would see people and make eye contact I could hopefully see something shift.

As we were on our way out I saw a man wearing a back brace and approached him. At first he explained that he didn't need prayer for his back, but again I was trying to release the Kingdom so I asked him if he had any other prayer needs for his health in a way that let him know that I cared. Then he shifted and quickly told me about how he had just had surgery to remove throat cancer that had affected his vocal chords. After I prayed for him he seemed to be different than he had been before. I carried my own weather system into the area and it kicked out the one that had been there.

1 comment:

Flyawaynet said...

I blogged about you, but realized just now that I've never commented on your blog about how much I appreciate your blog. I'm a faithful and avid reader and you're sparking me into greater works. I'm not there yet, but I'm excited about the possibility.