Thursday, June 14, 2007

Taking back my seat

This morning I had some revelation that I believe is imperative for the body of Christ to understand. It isn’t something that you haven’t heard before, however, if we miss it, we miss out.

I realized how much the enemy has stolen from me. He has tried to hold me back from before I was born when I was an unplanned pregnancy. Even tonight he has tried to destroy me and keep me from plundering hell to populate heaven. As I sat in my car tonight I didn’t know how I could go on. I hesitated for several minutes before I hit my steering wheel and started my car, more determined than ever to take back what the enemy has stolen.

He has done it to me before, making me so introspective that all I can think about is myself and wondering what the heck is wrong with me. I almost walked out of a meeting tonight because of what he was doing to me. That was the first time tonight that I chose to put my foot down and not miss the opportunities that God is giving me.

Shortly after I decided to stay I was given a prophetic word that I was holding a football. The person asked if I was really into calling the plays and making sure that the correct strategy was implemented. I responded that although I have liked football for a long time, I have never closely been involved with a team as to actually be helping the coach as they had asked. As the meeting progressed Kris Vallotton talked about being on the offensive instead of the defensive and calling all the shots from heaven. The words he used were nearly identical to the flavor of the prophetic word I was just given.

We are seated, literally in heavenly places. That means that we get to call the shots. In football, the offensive coordinator sits in the press box so that he can see what is going on and call the plays. If he were down on the field he would not be able to tell what was going on and why some things were working while others weren’t.

I feel like I was born to be the offensive coordinator but the devil has been telling from the beginning that I don’t think of the right plays (I don’t hear God) and that the trick plays will never work (miracles won’t happen). Because of these lies I left behind my seat in the press box and just sat down on the bench on the sidelines wishing that I could get in on the action. We have to know that we hear God and that the impossible is an everyday experience.

I have learned so much about myself and about the Kingdom in the past week. So much that I need to take a break and unplug. So I am done here for a while. I don’t know when I’ll be back. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts, it means a lot to me. Signing off from Redding, CA.

David

No comments: