Thursday, June 7, 2007

Right where God wants me

Sorry for the absence of blogs, I have become super busy with a job (Praise God!) and other random things coupled with fatigue and now even a bit of a cold (I can't believe the devil has the nerve to try to make me sick! I haven't been sick since December, which just happened to be the last time I made a push towards going after God more than what is humanly possible). Now, back to the blog...

On Sunday at church my roommate asked me if I wanted to go on a Firestorm this weekend. I responded by saying that I should check my calendar but that I should be good to go. Less than 30 seconds later, as I was getting out my laptop to check iCal another friend came over and asked me if I was going on the Firestorm this weekend. I couldn't help but smile. Long story short, I am going on the Firestorm which starts tomorrow and I will be one of the drivers, so please pray for me and the team that I feel better (and AM better), that God whacks us, and that God whacks everyone in the region of Lake Tahoe!

The man who I have been working for seems like a very familiar person. He is an ultra nice guy (I felt so special at how excited he got when he discovered that I was able to get one particular food item that he wasn't sure the grocery store would have) but even then, I had never heard of him nor met him until last Friday. Yet I feel like I have known him for years other than the fact that I really don't know him very well. In the meantime, it is a joy to work for him not only because of the spectacular views which I will hopefully have pictures of in the near future, but also because he is just a great guy!

Today while at work I had a bit of deja vu. Well, I want to think of a better name for it than that, because in reality, God has just showed that to us before, most likely in a dream that we couldn't remember when we woke up (or it could be a dream that we remember). Anyway, I was there at another house doing some work outside while there was a specific guy who will remain annonymous inside the house playing the guitar and singing (I am not concealing his identity because it was bad, it actually was quite good, I just don't want to say who it was here). I have been there before, but I had never been to that house, and I had never been around that guy in a setting like that. I must have had that in a dream and God was showing me that he has me right where He wants me.

Tonight, after a few things that were planned and several things that were not planned I found myself leaving the apartment to get some cold medicine. My nose feels sunburned from all the papertowels I have used in trying to keep my nose from dripping at work (and at other places). Target was closed, so I decided to go to Wal-Mart so that I could also get some white T-shirts. After spending a few minutes finding the right medicine and a few minutes finding the right shirt I head over to check out and get in a line that just will not move. Some people behind me left to go to another register but I stuck it out. Right before it was my turn a man came up who was hobbling drastically. After finding out it happened as a youth when he was involved in "the wrong activities" I asked if I could pray for him. He declined, saying that he had just received prayer, but he thanked me and said that he was a minister. I asked him where and we made short small talk. After I left I realized what God was thinking about him, in that He is proud of him. I then also realized that I should have told him that God forgave him of doing the wrong activities so that his leg could be healed just as much as He forgave the sins that paid his way into Heaven.

No comments: