Monday, June 18, 2007

Walking On Water



I just returned home from a great ministry trip to Lake Tahoe. Almost immediately after seeing the lake I began to think about walking out onto the water. This is because I have a burning desire inside of me for the impossible. I have had dreams in which I am flying through the air, watching lightning come down from heaven when I prayed for someone, and walking into a room full of people in wheelchairs with every one of them being completely healed. We were born for the impossible!

Rather than becoming satisfied with what I have seen, with each impossible thing that God does, I become even hungrier to see more. On Saturday, a man who was completely blind in one eye due to a detached retina began to see the outline of his wife and other features of the restaurant that they were eating lunch at. The catch is that nobody was there to lay hands on him; he just took off his sunglasses and saw! A word of knowledge had been given at our meeting and the man’s daughter had the person use their cell phone to call and pray for him. Since he wasn’t home, the person left a message declaring that God is healing his eye. It was confirmed that the man’s sight was restored at the same time the phone call was made.

I am so thankful for that miracle, as well as the people that were healed of different ailments after we got back to Redding while I was just standing around talking with friends. God is so faithful with the aches, the pains, and the blind eyes, but He does not want us to become complacent because we have seen one miracle. The reality is that we were created to live a supernatural lifestyle and not just have a supernatural moment here and there.

After seeing more of the goodness of God this weekend, I can’t help but long to have even more of His goodness revealed to me. I have come to the realization that I must move beyond thinking that it would be nice to live supernaturally. Even just telling other people that you want to live supernaturally isn’t enough. We must actually go do something about it. Take this analogy about eating. Do you just think to yourself that you are hungry and want food, do you tell someone else that you are hungry and want food, do you go search for food until you find it, or do you find food and eat it? It is dangerous to have knowledge of the supernatural and then do nothing about it. If I know that God heals people and that He does it through me, then I am responsible to take that healing to the people who need it.

Bill Johnson says that God will not give us revelation that we are not ready to be held responsible for. When God shows you something it is because He thinks you are ready to handle it. If I had thought about walking on water or flying several years ago I would have thought that I was going crazy. However, this morning when God was increasing my passion to take revival into the streets of my city on a daily basis, it was because that is what He is moving me into.

Why would we not be able to walk on water? The Bible tells us that nothing is impossible for God (Luke 1:37) and that everything is possible for him who believes (Mark 9:23). If we believed what God says about Himself and about us as much as we believe what the media says about American Idol and the Presidential candidates then the Kingdom would be advancing so quickly that we wouldn’t be able to keep up. Hospitals would be cleared out in moments. Campuses would be completely transformed during lunch. Nations would be saved in a day. It’s time to walk on water; but let’s not just think about it or tell others about, let’s do it again and again and again.

No comments: