Monday, June 25, 2007

Defeat is not an option

Randy Clark has a sermon titled, "The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat." I tend to dislike this message because I am not content with living a lifestyle where defeat is normal. I understand why he preaches it though; many would become so disheartened by defeat that they would give up before ever tasting victory. Randy, like so many others, had prayed for the sick for years without seeing anyone get healed. They had to persevere through so much just to taste victory and experience the thrill of God healing someone through their prayers. Because of the groundwork that men and women like Randy, Bill Johnson, Heidi Baker and others have laid, we now get to experience breakthrough much more quickly.

One year after seeing my first healing, I have seen more people healed than I can count. At the beginning I wrote down each healing testimony, and although I still try to write them down it is difficult to keep track of everything God has done. However, I have seen more people walk away without healing than I have seen walk away praising God for healing them. Many of these defeats break my heart. I remember praying for a man with cerebral palsy back in February. I prayed so fervently and felt the Holy Spirit stronger than any other time I have prayed for someone yet nothing manifested that I could see.

Then of course there are friends of mine who are afflicted with disabilities. These are illegal! I have contended for their breakthrough but to no avail, both still are confined to their wheelchairs. I can't leave out that I prayed for one of them that the doctors would not have to put rods in her back because she was healed and while the doctors changed their minds and didn't put any rods in her back, she still isn't healed. But praise God, no new rods!

This past weekend I met a guy two years younger than me with a disabillity. Most people with his condition die at a very young age. Counting the whole weekend, I spent around 10 hours praying for him before he left town. He is an amazing young man whose freedom is being robbed by the enemy. Seeing him leave in the same condition as the first time I saw him crushed me. That evening I spent at least another hour praying for another man whose freedom and health is also being robbed by the enemy after I had already spent over an hour praying for him the day before. Still nothing.

Today I was called up to go to the hospital to pray for a man who was dying with two people from church who knew him. I felt the Holy Spirit flowing into him as I prayed. Heat was all over his chest as my hands were on him. Several times I felt the power of God rush through my hands and into his body. A few minutes after I stepped away from him he went to be with Jesus. After giving the family a few minutes to mourn I knelt down to quietly pray for him to be raised from the dead. After a few minutes, one of the people I was with tapped me on the shoulder to motion for us to leave. I am now 0 for 2 in seeing both the dying healed and the dead raised.

Tomorrow I should be meeting with a man who is paralyzed that I prayed for last week at the hospital for about an hour. Nothing happened last time but he is going to walk. I am not giving up and I am not giving in. God is good all the time. By His stripes we are healed. I will lay hands on the sick and they will recover. It is impossible to pray and have nothing happen. Jesus commanded us to heal the sick and to raise the dead. Nothing is impossible with God. Defeat is not an option.

5 comments:

School of Prophetic Arts said...

Wow David, amen, amen, amen! You are going to have more testimonies than you can count that will fall into the category of "seeing THEIR faith (the faith of another), Jesus said to the man, rise up and walk". Your persistence and faithFULness are seen and known and HONORED in heaven! Keep going for it!

I'm glad I read this because at some point this week, I'm going to have the opportunity to visit a young guy who is crippled because of severe nerve damage and has been stuck inside his house depressed for quite a while now... I am LONGING to see him radically encounter the LOVE and POWER of the Father in his body, heart, and spirit! So come, Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm in a similar process :-)

Flyawaynet said...

I know you're a busy guy but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have time to get around to this. It's a "5 things I really dig about Jesus" meme. I'd really enjoy seeing your answers, so... I tagged you.

5 Things I really dig about Jesus

-Jeanette

Unknown said...

Keep on with what God has given you. I would love to dialog with you a bit over email if you're interested. I've been thinking a lot about what faith really means, being something given to us by the author of it, obtaining it through the hearing of His word... something much deeper than a "blab it and grab it" philosophy that is unfortunately all too common.

I'm currently learning from God all the more as my mom is currently on hospice care. God truly is good and He does use ALL things for His glory.

storch said...

thanks for your blog.
i am setting up a healing ministry here in germany and i´m writing lots of posts on healing on my blog. germany needs that and i am looking constantly for encouragement - which i find here.
so thanks again!