Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's summertime and the weather is hot!

It's that time of year again. I can't believe that I am in the beginning of another summer "vacation" from school after I knew that when I graduated from college two years ago, that I would never go back to school. Summer can be great or it can be horrible. It can be a time of burning with passion for God or a time of wondering how you wasted that much time and never did anything productive. I am determined that this summer will be one of setting goals and reaching them rather than having the problem of wondering what happened during the three month break from school.

I know it is going to sound like I have a lot of goals, but reality is that there are a lot of things that I still need to work on and the summer is a great time to do it. So here you will have a list of my goals in no particular order, because they are mostly things that I want to have part of my daily routine.

1. Find a full-time job as fast as I can. I want to be able to save at least $1,000 (minimum!) this summer to go towards either Jesus Culture England or towards school next year. I would really be happy if I could save $2,000 or do I hear $3,000 over the summer.

2. Read the Bible for an hour every day. There is so much that I have been missing out on because I don't know the word well enough. I already know more than I did a year ago, so that is good, but alas, I need to get in the word more.

3. Spend a few hours a day at the Prayer Chapel. I would actually rather say "spend a few hours soaking and praying at home" but since I don't know what that will look like yet, I will for now say at the prayer chapel.

(How many hours does David think there are in a day? He is crazy!)

4. Read other books on revival or related topics for an hour each day. I would like to spend additional time on weekends reading as well. There are quite a few books that have been on my "to read" list for a while now.

5. Get my body in shape. At first this will just be doing some stuff at home that I will not mention because I don't want to embarass others by my supernatural strength and it might morph into working out at a gym three times a week if I feel that I am making significant enough contributions to the summer savings fund (see #1). We'll see.

6. Meet at least once a week with my crazy revivalist friends. I desperately need to be around them so that I can glean from their strengths and grow fully into who I am called to be. This is beyond just hanging out, this is to strategize, to challenge each other, to experiment (Bethel/Redding is just a big laboratory), and to spread revival. I gotta get myself around people that are getting out of the box and out of the house out into the community!

What are your plans for the summer?

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Welp I am not down there in Redding, but part of my plan for the summer is to get down there at least one more time before the fall.

Besides that, I am going to re-write our programs for our school up here and try and get the word out best I can.

keep the fire going brother!

Adam said...

Sounds like it's going to be a busy summer. Awesome.

As for my plans, they're a bit scattered as I'm waiting to here from a few people on possible trips I'll be making - some for ministry, others to visit family. I'll be in Redding though, and I'd love to hang out if you're doing something. I think it's really important to stay connected with people who are on fire and wanting to press in more and more.

On that note, you are amazing, and I love reading your weblog. It always inspires me.

See you around,

-Adam