Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Overdue for an update

Since my last post a lot has been going on. I went out of town Friday after school for a ministry trip in a small town called Clear Lake. We were facilitating 24 hours of prayer and also planning on going out into the city to do some outreach. But before that, we had some awesome stuff at school.

On Thursday Joaquin spoke and we just had a good ole time. I sat on the floor around the podium with about 40 other students as God came increasingly into the room and started getting many people drunk in the Spirit. I honestly can't remember what he talked about now, but I know that it was good. Haha. Following that, we had our last outreach of the year. We were outside for a little while and since it was pretty cold, I put on my jacket in addition to my sweatshirt. I couldn't believe that I was wearing that much clothing in May. Then I had home group and had fun hanging out at our leader's new apartment.

Then at school on Friday we were privaledged to have Jason Westerfield speak to us. Jason is a graduate of the School of Supernatural Ministry and is one of the main people behind a lot of the testimonies that Pastor Bill has shared over the years. Additionally, he was one of the main speakers on the Global Awakening trip I took to Brazil last July and was the preacher for my team until he got sick, at which time I took over the preaching duties for the rest of the trip. It was much like Thursday with Joaquin but even more just because of Jason's personality. It was great.

So fast forward to Saturday. I hadn't been feeling too well after not sleeping well in a sleeping bag on the floor of a house with no heat. Yes it was still cold. My pillow was cold all night long. It was like sleeping on an ice pack. That would be great when it is 85 degrees in the apartment like it was when I got home last night, but not great when the temperature in the house is below 60. I stayed at the church and tried to pray while a few guys went out to do outreach around noon. They went to the hospital and got to pray for a man in the emergency room who hadn't been responding at all. When they started praying for him, his eyes began to move and he began to respond!

That night we walked down the road to the grocery store. I was looking for some sort of energy/protein drink and another group was looking for some food. While walking down the back aisle I could hear something going on on the last aisle (don't worry, I was just around the corner). Jeremy, Daniel, and Samuel stopped to pray for a woman in an electric wheelchairs that the store provides. She had messed up 5 vertebrae in her back. After they prayed for her, they prompted for her to do something that she couldn’t do before, so she gets up out of the wheelchair and starts running. Jeremy follows her running down the aisle and runs past me yelling Jesus as the woman runs past me. She got completely healed and ran to her friends who were several aisles down and says to her friend who was in a wheelchair that she needs to let us pray for them. So she goes back to her electric cart and drives it back to the front of the store to get a normal shopping cart.

Meanwhile we begin to talk to her two friends. We pray for the daughter of the woman in the wheelchair and as we are praying I feel a sensation in my left elbow so I ask them if they have any pain there and the woman in the wheelchair said that she has had problems in that elbow for a long time and her friend just claimed it for herself even though her pain was in her right elbow. So I prayed for them both at the same time and the woman’s right elbow got instantly healed. She began moving it around and said that there was absolutely no pain. Her friend who was in the wheelchair said that there was still pain so Samuel began to pray for her again. Jeremy then asked her if she was feeling anything and she said that Samuel’s hand was very hot. After a minute or two her elbow was also healed! Samuel then laid hands on the other woman and she said that she felt like she was on a rollercoaster ride. God really whacked them both. Praise God!

Thankfully that evening we had a portable heater for the house and so I was able to sleep a little bit better. At church Sunday morning God continued to move. He healed the eyes of a guitar player after the first service so that he didn't need to wear his glasses in the second service. Another woman said that she could see me clearly after I prayed for her without her glasses. God also healed a woman's neck and shoulders that were causing her hands to go numb. Then we came across an interesting situation where a person was needing some inner healing and deliverance. I wasn't wanting to get involved since I don't have much experience with it and I hadn't been there from the start, but our trip leader called me over since I have been fasting. Well, while standing there I got a word of knowledge for something she had been doing but she ended up saying it within a minute anyway. Although I didn't really need to use it, it was reassuring to me that God was showing me more in the form of words of knowledge that I am feeling and that I am sure are from Him.

After that the pastor took us out to lunch, and I got to watch people eat again. Haha. Luckily I won't have to do that too many more times. We drove home and made it in time to get to pre-service prayer where I got to see Clay, Bart, Ross, and Lance from my church in Florida. The service was great. It was nice having our worship team back after a few services with less experienced musicians and a much different style of music in Clear Lake. There was a guest speaker, Paul Goulet, who is from the International Church of Las Vegas. He was great and it was awesome to get to hear what God is doing in "sin city".

Yesterday I was up early to work for the conference. After some serious miscommunication I showed up to work at 6:30 am and worked until noon. Then I worked again from 2-4 and again from 5:30-7:00. Needless to say I was pretty tired so I went to the prayer house to soak and then went home and soaked some more.

Today I was working in the kitchen which was actually a lot of fun. The people were great and it was fun to get to serve all the pastor's by being one of just a few people who were making their breakfast and bringing it to them. At one point I put out 240 bottles of water in just a few minutes to replenish the supply that was being decimated by the pastors. Haha. They were all super thankful though so it was a pleasure doing it. I spent a couple hours at the prayer chapel and now I am waiting to a little bit before a impartation meeting for the healing rooms with Cal Pierce and his team. Cal had been on the board at Bethel but God called him to reopen the Healing Rooms in Spokane, WA that John G. Lake had run many years ago. So he has been doing that now for many years and their reputation has grown to the point that even a hospital has asked them to set up a healing room! Praise God!

Well, I'll let you know how that meeting goes! I can't believe that there are only 6 days of first year left. God has been so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,
Thank you so much for putting together the video. I was so blessed seeing that little boy healed! I felt like I was supposed to share the testimony of the little boy with my friends at work who are unbelivers. It really opened things up for discussion about God, to the point where one of the girls was crying. I think it is just the beginning of what God wants to do there. I was able to share with another business person that day too and they were really touched and I could feel that something had changed inside of her heart. Thanks for spreading heaven my way.

Melissa's MOM - Michele