Monday, May 28, 2007

Some like it hot...



It's heating up! yes, that is the forecast over the next few days for Redding.

I am starting to believe that it is imperative for me to live a life of radical faith in which every day I am doing something that streches myself. For instance today I heard the story of some students (not at Bethel) who for a few hours read and prayed scripture about Jesus and Peter walking on water and then for several hours attempted to do it until one walked across the pool that they were at! Think about it. How can we expect to do the impossible if we are too worried about trying in the first place. It is time to turn up the heat!

I am getting back to that place of desperation and I am actually feeling the heat on a situation when I would need a jolt of faith. I am so thankful that the desperation for more has returned because it honestly was not fun to be in the place of not even wanting to pray for people. I would rather be sweating because I know that I should approach them than just walk away without hardly giving it a thought. It is time to turn up the heat on the devil!

I am starting to see why the devil seems to have so much authority on the earth (notice how I said "seems", because in reality he doesn't!). It is because we don't do anything to keep him from prowling around and doing as he pleases. If we would be on the offensive then he would have no option other than to retreat. Come on! How many of you know that you could stand in a fire pit as long as you wanted as long as there was no fire. In the same way, if we put no pressure on the devil then he isn't going to give up quickly. Of course in the end, he has no option because he has already been defeated, but what is our purpose if we refuse our right to co-labor with God? Let's turn up the heat on the devil and go out and help God to kick him out of here!

1 comment:

RC said...

this is an interesting story and thought that you convey.

it challenges me because i'm not sure how to respond.

is my perception of God to small? or is my overall understand of God's truth correct in making want to completly discount this story?