Friday, February 9, 2007

Atlanta trip: 1st day at Georgia Tech

So today was our first day on campus at Georgia Tech. We passed out 500 fliers and went to this sweet place for lunch. We had some awesome chicken tenders. I was gonna prophesy over the business to the owner but after I was waiting for him to finish doing something I was prophesying over some other guys and I didn't see him leave. So at first while I was waiting for him I started talking to a running back on their football team. After a few minutes his food came and so I threw in a prophetic word about his character getting him influence and places of leadership. His response was, "I receive that, I am a Christian..." He was a super cool guy. The other two guys were industrial design majors.

After that we were kinda pooped and so we sat down inside and just started to chat. It was fun getting to catch up and just talk about vision and strategy. Those are so fun to talk about! Casting vision has got to be one of my favorite things to do. So after just hanging out for a while we heading over to the room we had to pray before the meeting. The building we were in was just finished and boy was it nice. It was a huge building too. I might like to get my hands on the architecture for a church building that looks like that.

So, nobody new showed up to the meeting. It was just their regular group. So after preparing a short message for people who would not believe that God is real, that plan was changed as we started the meeting. So we talked. I shared some testimonies and a little bit of my journey to get to where I am now. Then I had Jeremy come up and share a bit before he prophecied over everyone. That was fun. He also gave some words of knowledge and so we prayed for those people at the end of the meeting.

One guy had a problem with a tooth and said at first that he felt a sensation in his mouth like licking a 9-volt battery! He later told us that it actually felt more like rubbing a butcher knife on your tongue. Just not the sharp part! We prayed for people's eyes and both of the girls that we prayed for started to feel something different in their right eye. We prayed for the right knee of a guy who demonstrated to us how it pops when he bends it all the way. It was a pretty nasty mulitiple popping sound! Well, after we prayed it would only pop once. After a few minutes, as we were leaving, he told us that he felt like his legs were being corrected. He used to skate and so has some pretty bad problems with his knees. He really was feeling a difference as though God was supernaturally fixing his legs!

So we walked over to the student center to try to get something to eat. After finding out that it was closed, we delayed and tried to figure out what to do from there. As we stood there, out of the corner of my eye I notice a woman in a wheelchair. After a splitsecond arguement of "I could just pretend that I didn't see her" I quickly walk after them. After getting the attention of the woman she was with, she asked her friend to stop. Praise God. For whatever reason they were willing to stop for a guy at Georgia Tech at 10:40 at night! So I start telling her about how we believe that God wants to heal people and after correctly asking if she had spina bifida, I shared with her the testimony I have of a woman who God was radically touching in the church parking lot at the end of November. So we begin to pray and afterwards we ask what she was feeling. She goes on to tell us that she started to feel heat on her spine while we were praying for her! Glory to God! Her friend by this point was crying and Jeremy started to prophecy a little bit. It was great. Since it was so late and they had been on there way out I didn't want to force them to do anything else, although I suppose I could have just asked if they would mind if we prayed again. But praise God! That was the first person all day that I saw in a wheelchair. The only other person I had seen with any kind of visible problem had turned us down. Today we are gonna go looking for more. We need a bona fide miracle to breakthrough in this place. Otherwise we might just have another meeting with no new people. Please continue to pray.

No comments: