Monday, February 12, 2007

Presence so thick you can hardly sit

The flight back to San Francisco wasn’t quite as enjoyable as the one to Atlanta. The plane on our way there had DISH Network for every seat and so even though I was trying to read, and did do a good job of reading, it was fun to be able to watch TV. Also, we had lots of leg room due to our exit row seats. I love the exit row.

So, on the way back the exit row turned out to not have any extra leg room which was a bummer and the seats didn’t have screens on them. All would have been fine until I realized that I left my headphones in Atlanta and that I couldn’t listen to soaking music after all. No worries though, they have been located and I just continued to read.

We decided to hit up the In-n-Out that was right near the airport for lunch once we arrived in San Francisco and happened to see two of the flight attendants there. Don’t worry, that was a good thing as they were super friendly. I must say that of all the flight attendants I have ever had, these were the two best. So we chatted for a couple minutes and enjoyed our food before heading to Sacramento.

We got there about 90 minutes before the meeting started. It seemed funny that it had only been a week since the last time we were in a meeting with Todd Bentley, but we were excited nonetheless. Before the meeting started I figured that I would just take a few minutes to enjoy God’s presence, which I did. So much so that the woman next to me, who was just as fun as the two flight attendants (what can I say, African American women are great!), started to get whacked as well. So after a few minutes we had the whole row getting blasted by the presence of God. It was so good.

Then we had worship. Oh geez. I am so thankful that God has taught me how to worship when the music would otherwise distract me. However, after a while the worship leader just took over on keyboard and really set the tone for worship. Michael Larson is his name, and I must say, he does it quite well. So, after worship I just stayed there in the presence and after somewhat listening to Todd speak for another 90 minutes I was exhausted from the presence. I suppose that is what 3+ hours does to you. God’s presence is so good.

No comments: