Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Let it snow!

At 11:45 yesterday morning I hear the report that it is snowing and I immediately jump up to see it. I have never lived in a place where it has snowed before and have only been in snow a few times. I was worried about how long it would take to get my windshield clear so that I could drive to school, but to my surprise it all came off when I first turned on my wipers and left a huge (ok, maybe not huge) pile on the ground.

After Bob Jones we got to hear Pastor Bill at school yesterday. Talk about amazing. It was like being at a conference or something. Yikes, we are still recovering from the last one. Anyway, Bill was different from how I have ever seen him before. I could tell that something had really happened in him and it became obvious after listening to him that he still wasn’t even sure what it was.

He says to us, “Some of you are assigned to help us (Bethel Church) complete a task.” He spoke to our class, even though we were also with second year and a lot of visitors, something that he has never told another class before, that we were going to significantly alter world history.

Additionally, God puts favor on your life so that you can give it away. One man in the school tossed me a ball of snow that he brought in from outside. When God give you something incredible it is because you are supposed to give it away! If you have an amazing healing anointing you should not stay locked up in your house!

Sometimes the struggle is that we don’t realize what we have. If I only think I have trash to give I am not going to try to give it away to people. In the past few months people have been telling me a lot that I have so much to give. Just recently I have started to understand and see a little bit of what they are talking about. Yesterday I was reminded of it again though as when I was praying for someone they looked at me with the look of, “You don’t understand what you got!”

As I got home last night I was thinking about how oftentimes I don’t feel the power of God, or when I do, how it doesn’t manifest in such a powerful as to make me unable to speak. At the conference last week another student challenged me to be filled with the Spirit yet to still be able to control myself to speak to crowds. I am not trying to put God in a box when I say this, but there are not many speakers or pastors that I know of that are flopping around uncontrollably while trying to speak.

One thing that I can be sure of is that I need more of God. I don’t think that I am something because the reality is that often times I feel like nothing. The times in my life when I thought I was something special didn’t turn out too good, so I think I’ll stick with what works. God, give me something incredible so that I can give it away!

No comments: