Saturday, February 10, 2007

Atlanta trip: 2nd day at Georgia Tech

So I realized that really I should have come in with a better plan of attack. I know in my mind what I would like to do but I am not always good at communicating that to others, which is something I need to work on. First off we should have just spent time praying from the beginning. Second, we should have asked God to show us the people He was wanting to talk to so that we could be more strategic with our time.

Think about it. God is the best strategic planner there is. Hands down. He wins every time. So, He would be the one to know who we should talk to because He would know that they are either really ready to get involved in something or they are just really needing to hear that God loves them. Anyway, it makes sense to me.

Well, today was rough for me. Not because Georgia Tech is a tough place, but because I allowed my vision to get blocked. I allowed it. It would have been nice had the block not been there to begin with, but regardless I allowed a block to get in the way of a man in a wheelchair potentially getting healed. Man that is tough. I really can't describe how much it is bugging me right now. Not only for the young man, but also for the souls of the 50+ people that would have been there witnessing the power of God touching him. Not to mention the hundreds of other students that were there as well in the building (we were in the student services building). What a testimony that would have been. Thousands of people could have gotten saved.

Anyway, as we were walking towardsd campus in the morning, Jeremy spotted an older woman with a brace on her wrist. He prayed for her and asked how it felt. She said that it hadn't been hurting at the moment but that she was so happy that he stopped to pray for her. About 5 minutes later as we were still walking, now on a different street. She pulled up in her car and stopped in the middle of the road to tell us that it didn't feel the same anymore and that God healed her!

Later Jeremy saw a guy on campus who was on crutches but was booking. I mean he was moving. So he ran after him and prayed for him. The guy had messed up his ankle really bad and couldn't put any pressure on it. After Jeremy prayed once the guy responded that all the pain left and that now it was just stiff, probably due to the fact that it was pretty swollen. So he prayed again and the guy ended up putting the crutches over his shoulder and walking off! He even started to call some friends and family to tell them what happened! Praise God!

So, nobody got up out of a wheelchair, thousands of people didn't get saved, and we didn't have to move our meeting into the football stadium. However, my friend was encouraged just to have us there laboring with him on the campus with him and after the meeting also said that this is the most fruit that he has seen since he has been here. Jeremy and I were talking the first night about how it would be great to leave them encouraged and equipped to do the work. It would have been my heart to bring in a bunch of people and get them saved so that he can disciple them, but it doesn't always work that way. I definitely learned a lot from my first trip to a campus where I was trying to see some immediate fruit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you learned a few things David but God still was able to show some people who He is. I know sometimes my ideas of how I want to experience God or how I want others to experience Him can keep me from seeing or responding to "the one" who is right in front of me. Always remember that God's pleasure in you is not based on numbers but on your heart.

God Bless,

Melissa's Mom