Monday, February 19, 2007

Winter Camp

Well, I have now had the chance to sit at home for a couple hours to let my mind catch up with what happened the past few days at Nor-Cal Winter Camp. To be honest, I didn't know enough about it to come in with any expectations whatsoever, so I must say that I came away completely floored and so happy that I went. Rather, I am so thankful that I was asked on Tuesday by one of the youth pastors to come on the trip.

Just like the trip to Brazil last summer, I immediately felt like I had become a part of a huge family. I must say though that this trip was definitely the best bang for the buck of anything I have probably ever done. I got my money's worth by just eating the food (for those of you who don't know, I can eat a lot!). Anyway, I had a great time hanging out with our youth and also having a little fun with them and the Holy Spirit.

Yeah buddy. Granted, I think most of us were having some fun with the Holy Spirit, myself included. So many of the kids were touched by God. It was fantastic. Many were touched for the first time. I can't wait to hear all the testimonies about what happened to all our youth. It was really an impactful few days. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I had three great student leaders in my room and we were definitely all getting rocked by God after we had to be in our rooms at night.

I don't really know what to say about it other than that the youth are great and that I love God. I am so thankful that He became real to me with His presence last summer and that now, almost a year after realizing that God is really doing something in the United States, I am going into deeper things with the Holy Spirit than I ever knew was possible. God is so good. I am so grateful to have Him around all the time.

No comments: