Saturday, February 10, 2007

Atlanta trip: a day with the youth

Today was a great day. We went to the church and spent some time soaking with some of the Georgia Tech students as well as a few of the leaders. They then shared how God was touching them. It was really cool as they all expressed how they were amazed that they were able to stop thinking about things and just focus on God. While then praying for them, one of the students got wacked. Luckily I realized that he was falling over so I was able to catch him. Haha. God is so cool. Also, we got to prophecy over the leaders which was fun. Then they turned the tables on us and prophecied over us.

I was radically blessed by the words they gave me but even more so when they told me that they felt like they should wash my feet. I mean wow. It made me cry. I could have been because my shoes smelled really bad, but it was actually because of how touched I was by the two people who were washing my feet. They had paper towels, but then they were just touching them with their hands. Now my feet don't necessarily look bad, but I still wouldn't just be sticking them on other people. It was rad. So thank you Ashley and Mady (spelling?)

So, a little after 3 o'clock we finally went to get some lunch. We then spent some time with the amazing Youth Master :). I learned so much from her. For me, the hour or two I spent talking with her was worth the trip. Seriously. It was mega learning. It was practical ministry experience with someone who connected the dots a lot better than I would have. Now I really know what to do for any future ministry trips instead of going in with just what I had been thinking and seeing whether or not it would be more successful than this trip.

So then we had the youth meeting. OK, let me just say that these kids are amazing. Ashley, I envy you for the fact that you get to spend so much time with them. It seriously makes me want to be a youth pastor. Shoot, maybe I will be one for a while. During worship the presence of God came in there like a freight train and wrecked me. I was crying so much that I couldn't see a thing when I had to go up and speak. And since God wrecked me I totally didn't end up speaking how I would have. I had planned several weeks ago of preaching so hard that I would impress all who were there to hear it. Well, that was a stupid idea, well, at least the heart behind it was stupid. I think it was better for me to kneel there and cry while I spoke softly than to stand up wave my arms like crazy and scream.

Then Jeremy came up to share two testimonies from yesterday of God healing people. Following him, a woman from the church, who just happens to be married to a great friend of mine shared her testimony of God healing her last year of some pretty serious stuff. After that we prayed for several people. The first felt heat go from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. She didn't have any way to immediately test it out. The second wasn't seeing breakthrough at first but after a little discerning action by Jeremy, some stuff was broken off and his pain went away. Another had her neck healed and was needing to go eat some food to test out whether the acid reflux was gone. Another had some of his back pain go away.

Then we prophecied over everyone. That was a blast. They are amazing if I haven't already mentioned that. We got the opportunity to pray over the Youth Master and prophecy the radical growth that is coming to their group in the coming years. Then, they prophecied over us! Finally, over 2 hours after the meeting was supposed to be over, we finally stopped so they could clean up their stuff and we could go out to eat. Haha. Well, it is almost 2 am so I better get to sleep since we are leaving for the airport at 7:15. It has been a great trip and I hope to be back soon. Signing out from Atlanta...

No comments: