Saturday, February 24, 2007

Powerful testimony

I can’t really express how I feel right now. I had the experience of praying for a man with very severe cerebral palsy tonight and seeing his family have to roll him away in his wheelchair seemingly untouched.

I felt fire on my hands for the entire time that I was praying for him which was at least an hour. Power surged in my body at times but without fail the fire was there for an hour.

Several times as I was praying in the spirit I was thinking, “God, how can this be?” or “Jesus, the price you paid was sufficient for him!” and finally, “Worthy is the lamb that was slain for him!”

Several times tears welled up in my eyes as my heart broke for him. I asked a few of my friends to pray and so they began to pray for me. I thank God for them as they were really there for me.

Then I don’t know what happened. Simultaneously one of my friends and I got hit at the same time. It took a lot out of me. I don’t really know how to describe it other than it was like having the life sucked out of you.

Next thing I knew my head rested on a support between his crippled feet. Within a minute I was drained and fell to the floor. I still tried to pray now with my friends hand on top of mine, but after a minute or two I was done.

The fire was completely gone and I could no longer feel God’s presence. My friends then prayed for me. Within a few seconds of them beginning to pray, the fire came back and I could feel God’s presence again. However, I was still drained.

I was done. I didn’t have anything left in the tank.I know that God was the only way this man was going to be healed, but so much happened as I laid hands on him that it wore me out.

But praise God for two wonderful friends who were there to encourage me as a coach would just encourage his own player who just lost the game for his team even though he gave his all.

It gets harder each time I have to watch someone go away without having been healed, but even more-so each time I see someone in a wheelchair or with a developmental disability go away without their healing.

It was just a fresh reminder to go after breakthrough. It is so hard to watch believers not receive healing. Although I don’t think they will be reading this, I do just want to say thank you to my to encouraging and praying friends. You blessed me tonight more than you know.

No comments: