Thursday, February 22, 2007

Drinking Time!

Ever since getting back from Winter Camp I have been heavily under the influence of the Holy Spirit. It has been very excited as it is something that it feels like I have been waiting a long time for. When you think about it, it would make sense that when the power of God shoots through your body you might shake or twitch just a little bit. Also, it would seem to make sense that typically the people who show such physical manifestations, or at least did at some point, seem to walk in a greater anointing than those who don’t or have not in the past manifested.

Similarly, when the spirit is so heavy on you, it makes sense that it would take over your body for a little while. Well, being drunk in the Holy Spirit is just like that. To be honest with you I don’t like saying “drunk” when referring to being under the power of God so much so that you appear to be drunk. In each of the past few days I have gotten “hit” by the Spirit so hard that I ended up on the floor laughing for 30 minutes or longer.

To many, that is just nonsense. And while it doesn’t necessarily make perfect sense to me as to why that helps, I can’t argue with the fruit. Just go over to the testimonies from tonight and you will see that God was moving powerfully. I can’t even begin to make a case against getting drunk in the Holy Spirit when the result is that many people get radically touched by God.

After all, Jesus did tell us to abide in Him and that He is the vine. He then said that you will recognize people by their fruit. I can confirm that I recognize this fruit as being from someone who has been with Jesus. The result of which is some pretty amazing fruit. I think I will stick with the vine and see how much fruit can be produced.

Testimonies can be found on healingrevivalist.com. Enjoy!

No comments: