Wednesday, February 7, 2007

God is REALLY sovereign

Well, we made it to Atlanta and I ate food so all is well. Praise God. My jaw was almost getting tired since I haven't chewed anything in so long. As we were on our way out of Redding my car started to overheat. I was first of all in shock, but then was like, dang, this isn't good at all. So I pulled off and drove slowly to the next exit to buy some coolant. Somehow the coolant tank was completely empty. So, I filled it up and got back on the road. We stopped to use the restroom about halfway at a place that is also good to get gas and when I was washing my hands I made a very small connection with an older man who was waiting for the soap as I was getting paper towels. I excused myself and he gave me a smile as to say "no worries." So I went outside and moved to a pump to get some gas. Well, the same guy came out and started talking to me when he saw my Florida license plate. It was then that I noticed that he had hearing aids in both ears. Jesus might as well have showed up right in front of me because I totally lost comprehension and before I knew it he was gone. Bummer. I missed a perfect God-ordained opportunity because I was so surprised that he came up to me and was a legal target (a legal target is someone that has a visible problem such as a limp, cast, crutch, hearing aid, etc...). Argh, I just pray that I will start having dreams that will show me these things so that I can be on the look out for them.

At the airport Jeremy recognized a few people from a dream he had. To him it was just confirmation that he is doing what he is supposed to do. I must just say that I think it is so cool to have dreams about stuff that is going to happen. God is so cool! When we were waiting at our gate, a man who looked like he could be 60 came over and talked to us for a while. At first he was cussing a fair amount and talking about alcohol, alcohol, and more alcohol. Since we never really joined in he eventually switched topics. Also after mentioning that he thought religion was bad for society we almost acted like he never said it. It was really funny because he was totally changing what he was saying based on how we were responding. Eventually he stopped cussing and admitted that when he was in the army out on the battle field that he was praying a whole lot even though he wasn't very religious. Turns out he was 74! I am really believing that God is going to grow me very quickly to the point of getting words of knowledge or prophetic words for people like this man just as I talk to them to give an open door to further ministry, but as of now it has still just been talking.

As we were flying and I was enjoying the leg room that my exit-row seat provided, I for some reason thought about a prophetic word I had received a few years back about having wealth because of being a good steward (there were other details, but that is the main point). Anyway, so I started to think about how I would live right now if I was pulling in a good amount of money. Actually the thought I had was gaining a very large sum of money. I would put it in something safe such as a CD and live off of part of the interest it earned. I would be free to help finance the ministries of people who are taking the gospel of power to places that I can't go. I actually started dreaming of hiring people in different countries to do ministry there (for instance hire a radical Brasilian to keep sharing the gospel, but now being able to do it full time and making enough to live comfortably on). Imagine what you could do if you had a budget of $500,000 a year. You could provide the resources for a radical army of revivalists! On top of the things I would do with the international ministry I would actually eat healthy (I would stop eating hot pockets), I would live in a nicer place (not luxury, but just not roach infested), and I would travel a lot more (to places where I know people who could use a helping hand). Oh praise God that it is coming. I need to pull that tomorrow into today.

At school they have asked us recently how we would live differently if fear wasn't an issue. That is a wonderful question to ponder because it makes you think of all the things that you want to do, but you don't do simply because of fear. However, I just thought of another great thing to ask yourself: What would you do if money wasn't an issue? Seriously. Think about it and let me know what you would do if money wasn't an issue. What would you do with 100 million dollars? I think the answer will reveal what is important to you which is an important thing to know. I didn't desire a new car, although I might have needed one if I hadn't gotten some coolant into my engine, but I did want to get a little bigger place with some furniture (right now I have an air matress, a tv table as a desk, a desk chair, two suitcases, and some boxes from Costco as furniture). Mainly though, I wanted to be able to give money to my church (they are going to see Redding get transformed!) and to people who were out giving people the gospel of power. Other than taking ministry trips myself I would just allow myself to spend more than $2 on a meal (break off that poverty spirit in the name of Jesus!). With the bulk of the money I would invest it so that it lasted forever and was able to continually support these ministries and leave an inheritance for the next generation. Anyway, I am rambling now, but seriously what would you do with 100 million dollars? Or if that is too big a number for you, how about $10 million?

1 comment:

School of Prophetic Arts said...

Well, whether it's $10 million or $100 million doesn't make much difference b/c ANY NUMBER in the millions seemsa bit overwhelming to steward ;). However, for the sake of example... I would definitely use part of it to start schools of supernatural ministry. I LONG to see this generation and the ones to come trained in the ways of the Kingdom, equipped to truly love and change the world with radical signs and wonders, and assured in who they are because they are one with the heart of the Father. I would also set up inheritances for my children and grandchildren(though I'm sure that much money would last even if I didn't :)). I'd also want to pour alot of that into missions... like you said David, to reach places that I can't. Oooh! I've never even thought of this before but I would LOVE to start an awesome prophetic arts school that would equip artists in technical excellence and Kindgom principles so they could penetrate the art world for the Lord! That would be AWESOME. The art industry is such a stronghold... but not for long!In addition to all of that (which probably only knocks off $6 or so million), 24/7 prayer and worship houses are on my heart, and christian elementary and junior high school like Bethel's that train up kids from the youngest ages to walk in the ways of the Kingdom. Yeah! That was a really good exercise in dreaming :). Thanks for the prompt!