Tuesday, February 6, 2007

When God sets you up

So one of my friends here got sick last night. He called me this morning to have me pray for him over the phone. Then when I was at school he called again to see if I could go pick up some water for him. He just moved into a new apartment last night where he will be mentoring a teen who has been in foster homes and he wasn't sure if the tap water might be bad. So I told him I would be there as soon as I could. Well, we were having a fire tunnel at school which I didn't want to miss so I took the few minutes to wait in line and then go through it before leaving. On my way I thought it would be quickest to take the Freeway. However, when I got to the intersection to get on it, I missed the light for the turn signal so I decided to just keep going on the city roads. Bad idea. I got the next 5 lights all red and would have already been halfway there before I got to the road that I was now going to take. Basically, it took me probably 10 minutes longer to get there this way. I was upset because I was wanting to get there as fast as I could so that I could get back to school and hear as much of Pastor Bill as I could.

As I was getting closer and got out of the bad traffic areas I thought that God was going to do something significant. There would be more than just me dropping off water to my friend. I imagined myself casting out some demon that was causing him to get sick. He had been fine last night when he went to the ER with a couple of the pastors to pray for people. So I decided that instead of going to the conveniece store that was probably more expensive that I would go to Rite Aid. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot I noticed a man walking very slowly with two crutches. I knew that this was going to be a good opportunity and that it would probably take a while.

After I parked my car I immediately head over to him as he approached the store. I asked him how he was doing and if he needed any help. At first I couldn't understand his response but thought that he was going to turn me down. However, instead of saying that he didn't want me to talk to him, he asked me if I was an angel. Yup, you heard me right, he thought that I was an angel. I explained to him that I wasn't, but that I am a Christian and that God did send me here to pray for him. His response to me was to grab my hand and kiss it. He ended up doing this a few more times throughout our conversation. Wow. Talk about being honored. It almost made me want to cry.

While praying for him I did feel a release of anointing onto his back where he had several crushed discs. He said that there wasn't anything he could do to test it out and I didn't want to force anything upon him since he was very old and moving slow as it was. We ended up talking for a good 20-30 minutes before I explained that my sick friend was waiting for me and was probably wondering where I was. So I went in the store to get some water. After I checked out I said goodbye to him as I left and he started to cry. Wow. I am speechless.

At home group tonight a prophetic word was released about the Father seeking us. Man was it good. We have been in a season of seeking out God's presence but now we are going into a season of Him seeking us out! I feel like I have been walking in that all year so far (since January) but hadn't thought of it in that way. I couldn't sit up, so I just laid on the floor. I was down for two hours. Most of that time I don't even know what was going on. Well, when I finally break out of it (whatever it was) my left hand was sweaty and my right hand was dry. Typically my hands would just feel tingling or hot, but not one sweaty and the other dry. I was also feeling some stuff when I was in the prayer house after school which was sweet. It really is as though God is seeking after me! I love it!

Prayer request: Jeremy and I leave tomorrow for Atlanta to do an outreach at Georgia Tech. We will be speaking at meetings on Thursday and Friday night on campus and then on Saturday night we will be speaking at a youth group. Please pray for safe travel, for miracles at the airport, and then for crazy open heavens at Georgia Tech and in Atlanta when we go looking for people who need a miracle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi David,
I am Melissa Cordell's Mom. Melissa turned me on to your blog. I have enjoyed reading about another student's experiences at Bethel. I will be praying for your trip to Atlanta.I know God is going to show up in power! Looking forward to hearing about it:)